Welcome to the 5th Goal Reasoning Workshop at IJCAI-2017!
Goals are a unifying structure across the variety of intelligent systems, and reasoning about goals takes many forms. In the most encompassing view, intelligent systems can use goal structures (or goal rewards) to manage long-term behavior, anticipate the future, select among priorities, commit to action, generate expectations, assess tradeoffs, resolve the impact of notable events, or learn from experience. As a result, the broad topic of goal reasoning is studied in diverse subfields of AI such as motivated systems, cognitive science, automated planning, and agent-oriented programming to name but a few. This workshop aims to bring together researchers from sometimes distinct subfields to encourage cross-disciplinary discussion on goal reasoning.
We plan a one-day workshop with discussion of submitted papers, Michael Winikoff as a guest speaker, as well as a student panel.
Topics include, but are not limited to:
- Theoretical models of goal reasoning
- The role of goals in self-motivated systems
- The role of implicit goals or goal rewards in intelligent system design
- Goal reasoning in hybrid systems
- Interactive goal reasoning
- Goal reasoning in humans
- Goal management
- Conversational or narrative reasoning about goals
- Goal-driven autonomy
- Explanation and diagnosis of notable objects and events that impact goals
- Planning, scheduling, and (meta-)reasoning for goals
- Resolving goals online (e.g., plan repair, replanning, goal deferment, re-goalling)
- Multi-agent or distributed goal management
- Learning for goal reasoning
- Comparisons of goal reasoning with other models of autonomy
- Evaluation/analyses of goal reasoning
- Demonstrations or applications of goal reasoning systems
|Mark 'Mak' Roberts*||Naval Research Laboratory, USA||mark.roberts.ctr AT nrl.navy.mil||URL|
|Michael T. Cox||Wright State University, USA||michael.cox AT wright.edu||URL|
|Hector Muñoz-Avila||Lehigh University||hem4 AT lehigh.edu||URL|
Paper Submission - May 5, 2017
Author Notification - June 5, 2017
IJCAI Early registration deadline - TBD
Final Version - TBD - Please submit your final version to EasyChair.
Workshop held - TBD (sometime during August 19-21, 2017)
Submissions should follow the IJCAI formatting requirements except (1) the submissions should contain the author names (reviewing will *not* be anonymous) and (2) the page limit is 8 pages plus one page for references so authors have space to address reviewer comments as needed. Formatting style files are found here.
Submissions will be accepted through easychair: https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=ijcai2017grw
Related Previous Workshops
2016 4th Workshop on Goal Reasoning at IJCAI 2016 with 15 submissions
2015 Workshop on Goal Reasoning at Advances in Cognitive Systems with 14 submissions
2013 Workshop on Goal Reasoning at Advances in Cognitive Systems with 11 submissions
2010 Workshop on Goal Directed Autonomy at AAAI 2010 with 11 submissions